Logo

Honda BF200a injectors not firing

Very good. I'm glad you had success! While I find that the automotive ECMs are pretty robust and rarely fail, they surely do on occasion.

Thanks for letting us know how it went.

Yep! This is one of the very few posts about a failed ECM on this forum that I recall. There may have been one or two others since '09.

Yep! This is one of the very few posts about a failed ECM on this forum that I recall. There may have been one or two others since '09.

I believe I have this same issue on a 2001 bf130. It ran beautifully the last time it was used and then a week later no start or even a sputter. Checked and I have 12v to the injectors and the engine will run if I spray fuel into the intake. Fuel pump and pressure is good. Didn't measure exactly but I am getting around 2oz from the return line when priming the pump. 0 ohms between block and green/black wire on ecm harness. I am going to buy a 12v led to make sure the signal is not coming from the ecm to the injector. Anything else to check before replacing the ecm?
TIA

What is your fuel pump pressure? It's unusual to lose both injector drivers at the same time. Definitely start by checking pulse with a noid light.

What is your fuel pump pressure? It's unusual to lose both injector drivers at the same time. Definitely start by checking pulse with a noid light.

Led not flashing but I did notice I have 10.9v on the injector connector and 12.4 on the batteries. Main relay?

I don't have a fuel pressure gauge but it is definitely enough to fire since it fires if I manually fire the injectors with a jumper wire.

Starting to narrow it down. Connecting the LED dropped voltage to 7v on the injector harness and would not power the light. Is that pointing to main relay issue or wiring?

Check your fuses. I don't have the schematic for your outboard but looking at the 175 it's the #3 15 amp fuse that feeds the yel/bl wire to power the injectors.

Sometimes a little bit of corrosion between the holder and fuse ends is enough to account for that 1.5volt drop you're seeing and it will go even lower when you engage the starter. And, if you look up "marine engine" in the book old sayings, CORROSION would be in the first sentence.

At any rate, I would definitely want to know where that voltage drop is taking place. If not the fuse holder then possibly in the connector going to it???

Just a thought and something EZ that you could try.

Good luck.

Thanks for the input. I'll check those fuses but I've measured 8k ohm resistance from pin 34 on ECM harness (yellow/black wire) to the injector harness. Trying to narrow down the corrosion.

Back