Logo

Honda BF150 Cowling Removal

PakNheat380

I just purchased a boat with a 2021 BF150. I am doing the annual service and notice the water separator and two fuel filters are on the left side below the manifold. In order to get at the water separator and the 2nd fuel filter (green) I need to remove the cowling or at least loosen it so it can be lowered. Does anyone know how to do that? I removed the bolts on that side and the plastic pins back at the exhaust but it wouldn’t budge. Any help would be appreciated.

Hi,
I've never worked on a BF 150 so this might not be of any help at all for you. Just tossing it out there though just in case.

In the parts page link below there appears to be a pan head screw at the rear of the cover that could be holding it there. See item 20

And, although it doesn't depict a screw at the front of the cover, there is clearly a hole for one shown. That screw would likely thread into the front cover bracket. See item 5 in the link below.

Also, in the top link there is a bolt, item 14, on the inside of the cover but I don't see what it would hold or attach to.
The item 14 count calls for 6 required but that drawing only shows 2 on the left (port) cover and only the inner one on the right (stbd) side.

Hope this might shed some light...maybe....hopefully....perhaps...
But maybe not since your outboard is about 14 years newer.

Good luck

Hi,
I've never worked on a BF 150 so this might not be of any help at all for you. Just tossing it out there though just in case.

In the parts page link below there appears to be a pan head screw at the rear of the cover that could be holding it there. See item 20

And, although it doesn't depict a screw at the front of the cover, there is clearly a hole for one shown. That screw would likely thread into the front cover bracket. See item 5 in the link below.

Also, in the top link there is a bolt, item 14, on the inside of the cover but I don't see what it would hold or attach to.
The item 14 count calls for 6 required but that drawing only shows 2 on the left (port) cover and only the inner one on the right (stbd) side.

Hope this might shed some light...maybe....hopefully....perhaps...
But maybe not since your outboard is about 14 years newer.

Good luck
Thanks for the info. It looks like that might be the key to getting it dropped to where I can get at that green filter. Really appreciate you taking the time to post this!

Back