Logo

Honda BF130 (2006)Tel Tale oftenhas no output

karlws

Hi my Bf130 tel tale often has nothing coming out. I have taken this to my Honda dealer for service, and it happened again. I took the unit back and said that this was a common issue with that motor, as it had so many "T" joints. He said that the system was fine and that the cooling water would still be coming out under water. Is he correct?

Had a friend call me last week from 20 hrs ( driving ) away.----Said his motor was not peeing.----Had a new impeller last year.-----He had taken the lower unit off and found water pump in order.-----I said " the hose is plugged with weeds / mud etc " .---He was skeptical of my diagnoses.-----Called me from 15 minutes away last night.---He said I was right and hose was plugged.-----Note----Most / 98% of the cooling water goes out with exhaust through the prop.----Your motor needs a new impeller about every 5 years.

Never heard it was a common issue with that motor, I have a 1999 130, nor have I read that on this site. Mine has clogged due to the thermostat seizing partly open from not being changed causing salt water crystals. After a major flush in a barrel with vinegar with the thermostat out, I frequently got cloggs in the telltale but I always managed to clear them. Haven’t had one this season or last.

Hi my Bf130 tel tale often has nothing coming out. I have taken this to my Honda dealer for service, and it happened again. I took the unit back and said that this was a common issue with that motor, as it had so many "T" joints. He said that the system was fine and that the cooling water would still be coming out under water. Is he correct?
Yes he is correct. The plumbing and fuel cooler jacket all need to be cleaned and flushed then blown out with compressed air to fix the tell tale. This has no effect on the cooling system, it is only an indicator

Back