Logo

Honda 9.9hp 4 Stroke bf9.9d/10d

rjw4259

Contributing Member
Anybody know what this motor weighs, mine has electric start, power tilt/trim, it has the extra long shaft for sailboats? It takes two grown men to lift this thing onto and off of my boat, every thing I have been able to find says for a BF9.9 is 98lbs. That cannot be correct for my motor, I can lift 98lbs easily, like I said it takes two people to lift it on or off of the boat or the motor stand. I need to know how heavy it is because my cobia 204cc lists to port noticeably when it is mounted, that's got to be heavier than 98lbs! :confused::confused::confused:Thanks for your expert help guys!

Honda 9.9hp 4 Stroke high thrust
bf9.9d/10d
Serial # BABJ 1607715

This one has extra long shaft(for sail boats with high transom, I think its 30inch) also has electric start, power tilt/trim, tiller arm, high thrust model! A hundred lbs seems low for this motor since it takes two big guys to lift it off the dolly and mount to the boat, vice versa. When it is on the boat it heels over quite a bit, always have water in the right side scupper so its sitting low in the water for sure. The boat is rated for 225hp, in that era probably 2 cycle engines, my yamaha 150 weighs 489 lbs so I would think a hundred pounds wouldn't make it heel over like that? I'm thinking I should replace it with 9.9 2- cycle which should weigh a lot less, not sure though?

Anybody know what this motor weighs, mine has electric start, power tilt/trim, it has the extra long shaft for sailboats? It takes two grown men to lift this thing onto and off of my boat, every thing I have been able to find says for a BF9.9 is 98lbs. That cannot be correct for my motor, I can lift 98lbs easily, like I said it takes two people to lift it on or off of the boat or the motor stand. I need to know how heavy it is because my cobia 204cc lists to port noticeably when it is mounted, that's got to be heavier than 98lbs! :confused::confused::confused:Thanks for your expert help guys!

Honda 9.9hp 4 Stroke high thrust
bf9.9d/10d
Serial # BABJ 1607715
I have the same motor it is 107LB nut what i dont know is what year was manufactured any idea?

I could lift that in my 20's early 30's but I would have welcomed some help.

All the frame #'s on the list I have show BABJ-160×××× were identified as year model 2007.

Actually, it says "introduced " in 2007. So not sure I'm interpreting that correctly.

Back