Logo

Honda 60 HP Engine cuts on and off when cold and throttling to high

robroy555

Thanks in advance for your help. I have a 2013 BF60A1LRT engine. Plugs, filters etc has been changed on a regular basis. The engine has 318 hours. This problem has happened a couple times last year and of late, it happens each time I go out. When I launch my boat and troll to when I can accelerate, when I do it runs fine. When I get to my destination to fish all is well. After about an hour or so, I start my engine and, because it is OK to go full throttle at the start, I full throttle at which time it throttles up and then it bogs out and jumps seeming to surge then die without completely killing the engine. I then slowly throttle up and it slowly gets to plane. Once it is "warm" I can then come to stop and throttle up with no problems at all. I changed out my fuel water separator and have checked the small on engine water separator, the one with a red float to show water, there was no water present. I have noticed that the primer bulb loses pressure over time when sitting. I've checked for possible fuel line leaks and I do not see any. Thanks for your help!

Back