Logo

Honda 115 high idle

paul_w

"I have a 2000 115 honda efi a

"I have a 2000 115 honda efi and it idles at 1600-1800 rpms and have tried everything to get it down. I have drained fuel system, changed all filters and spark plugs and it is not a cable or idle adjustment. Im kind of at a loss after going to a honda dealer and having them tell me they have no idea. Any help on this would be greatly appreciated."

"The manual is one of those ch

"The manual is one of those cheap $6 cd/pdf versions from eBay. Need to get a better one, but was just wondering is anyone has had an issue like this, and could point me in the right way. This is my first 4-stroke, have always had older OMC's before now. Thanks Paul."

I took off the iac and cleaned

I took off the iac and cleaned it out the best i could and still no change. The motor is still at a steady 1800 rpms. If you have any other ideas or suggestions it would be appreciated thanks

"To adjust the idle with the i

"To adjust the idle with the iac, I need a allen wrench that I will have to make, it is a 5 point (pentagon) allen, not a normal 6 point (hexagon). Honda mechanics said there is no tool for this and that "Honda" says this is a disposable unit and is not adjustable, just replace the unit (@100.00). And then there is no saying that is the problem. I am in the process of making a tool to adjust it but have been busy lately and will post updates. Thank's JUST_IN_TIME."

"Sounds like you are trying to

"Sounds like you are trying to adjust the IAC valve which should NOT require adjusting.
First check that the IAC valve is SEALING when closed. Remove, invert & fill one chamber with WD40 or similar & it should NOT leak through to other chamber. If it leaks through that will cause your high idle.
If that's OK then check for air/vacuum/manifold leak.
If that"s OK then adjust idle speed to 750 RPM(single-slotted screw recessed at front of throttle body facing port side covered with paint). This adjustment MUST be carried out with the engine HOT & the IAC valve disconnected."

it is just a flat head screw d

it is just a flat head screw drive
you need to unplug the TP sensor also

would you like me o send you the factory specs before you pull ur hair out and listen to honda so called techs that have no clue

I replaced the Iac for $160 an

I replaced the Iac for $160 and it dropped the idle to about 800 rpms so i think i should be about good to go. I do appreciate the help thanks Paul

Back