Logo

Honda 100 Outboard - Cannot find the correct fuel connector

tombb25

I picked up this old boat and it has a Honda 100 outboard on it. I cannot find a dang fuel connector for it. pictured below is the connector and then the female connector the marine store sold me tell me it would work. After putting it on, there is no way this fits correctly. Any help would be appreciated.

I drove around for 2.5 hours today to two different West Marine stores in my area, one telling me the other store had it and the other store told me it was this connector, I tried to tell them round doesn't fit in square but he said it was "just a guide". HELP!!!!

Honda Fuel Connector.jpgHonda Female Adapter.jpg

Well I can say that the Yamaha fitting squirts gas all over the place. I was able to find a OEM honda fitting but it is for a smaller fuel line and now I cannot find a 1/4" or whatever size it is, it is much smaller than all the others, so now I need a skinnier fuel line and bulb.

That may be true of your local store, but I would never make that assumption chain wide.

As far as using the Yamaha fitting on the old style (round peg) Honda motor side fitting, I'll bet I've used 25 of them over the years, and they work perfectly.

I don't have any input on the old fittings. Just wanted to say that pretty much all of the quick disconnect fittings are of a."push pin and ball" design. IE: the push pin contacts the flat ball end and forces the check valve open against spring pressure.

Vibration and continued use will cause the pin and ball ends to wear down over time. This will result in poor connections and restricted flow. It will also cause poor alignment and that COULD cause leaks.

Although, most leaks at those connections are caused by a bad or loose latch mechanism.

If you haven't inspected closely for all of that, it might be the cause of your issue.

Just throwing it out there.

Good luck.

The gas line end in the pic is for a newer Honda that uses a matching square post. It is NOT going to fit on that motor fitting in the other pic, which is the OLD style, that Honda no longer sells. Honda wants you to buy an expensive "kit" that includes both sides. I've been using Yamaha replacement ends as required.

BTW, these ends, even ones that appear similar, are NOT interchangeable. I KNOW the OMC ends are way too big. -Al

Last edited:
Back