Logo

Hit my first Rock in 5 years - Volvo Penta Duo Prop

john22empire

Well, I am hoping someone here can give me a little advise. Went through some shallow water and hit the stern drive. There is a small dent on the leading edge of the drive, right at the bubble that holds the gears and drive shaft.. How concern do I need to be about this. The boat is running fine, there is no vibration and no run-out issue on the prop shaft.. I was going just at idle, and when I heard it I put it in nuetral.. The drive went up an and over.. Do I need to take it to the mechanic or call the insurance company? Any advice would be appreciated. And depending on the out come so would donations.. lol :)

Donations.... as in we all chip in towards your repair????? :D Well.... I suppose it's worth a shot! :cool:
Here...... I'll begin;
images

Why don't you post a few photos of the strike area........ I have a hunch that this is nothing to worry about since you were at low speed.
But if you post some photos, we'll have a better idea.

BTW, keep the money...., I don't need it back!

Did the prop hit? If not, shaft should be fine. Is it a dent in the casing or a scrape? If a dent, is it right at the tip of the torpedo?

Back