Logo

HIGH OIL PRESSURE

albemarle_24

"MOTOR IS EAGLE MARINE 350 VOR

"MOTOR IS EAGLE MARINE 350 VORTEC, HAD TIMING SET WRONG, BUT HAVE GOT IT SET RIGHT NOW . 8 DEGRESS BTDC. USE TO RUN OT 60 PSI AT CRUISING SPEED 40 AT IDLE OR TROLLING, BUT NOW IT IDLES AROUND 5O AND RUNS 70 TO 80 WHILE CRUISING, JUST KIND OF WORRIED BECAUSE GUAGE ONLY GOS TO 80 AND I WANT TO MAKE SURE ITS NOT GETTING TO HIGH. ALSO WHEN I UNPLUG THE 12 VOLTS FROM DISTRIBUTOR AFTER SETTING TIMING TO RELEASE ANY ADVANCE, MY MOTER ADVANCES SITTING IN THE DRIVEWAY 10 DEGREES IS THAT NORMAL....THANKS"

"All sounds ok to me. Sounds l

"All sounds ok to me. Sounds like you have good pressure, and the timing is working right."

"made two good long runs with

"made two good long runs with boat , oil pressure seems to be coming down a little, mechanic said it was because the motor being new and probably high pressure oil pump, he said as it breaks in it will come down some.. guess we'll see......got tow boat insurance I'M GOING FISHING"

where is the oil pressure send

where is the oil pressure sender anyway? mine is not working at all. i need to check it. the engine runs fine the gauge or the sender just went out on me this weekend and i want to get this done sooner rather than later.

"on my motor it is located at

"on my motor it is located at the back of the intake manifold screws into block, kinda looks like a black mushroom with one wire coming of of it , also near dist. yours might be different though."

Back