Logo

Hey Joe or anyone who can help

dogman

" I have a 1988 Yamaha 90hp. I

" I have a 1988 Yamaha 90hp. It was running just great, then all of a sudden it would hardly run. To make a long story short, I was finally checking the fuel line as instructed in the manual. I unhooked the fuel line from the carb. and pumped the ball and nothing came out. I removed the gas cap put it back on and then had plenty of fuel. My question is how can a person be sure the vent in the 6 gal. can is really open and that the motor is infact getting fuel. I had not thouched the vent screw. What am I missing.

Thanks in advance.

Dogman "

"Dogman,

If the vent is not

"Dogman,

If the vent is not open the primer ball will not draw fuel properly. When you squeeze it it will remain contracted and won't fill up. When the engine is running and the vent closes you will see the primer ball start to shrivel up.

Tony"

" I had my battery blowup on m

" I had my battery blowup on me while charging during the winter, now the motor runs but does not charge, merc 150 1978 model, does anyone know if maybe i smoked the regulator and diodes or if my stator is shot and how would I go about testing this. thanks "

Back