Logo

help with quicksilver part number

hbbutler

Does any one know how I can find out what prop I have it has stamped on it quicksilver 816314A417P my WOT is around 4200 on a 24' cabin cruiser. 5.0 L TBI mercruiser. Im thinking Im overproped a little . Have had the boat for several years and has always been like this. I do not want to repower now even though I know it is underpowered as it runs fine and will run 40 mph once it is on plane. Just want to get on plane quicker. Thank

14 dia 17 pitch

What drive ?

I'm thinking a 15 pitch will put you at the max 4600 rpm

Most shops if your series about buying a prop will let you test it.

Or ebay is your friend.

There are websites that allow you to test a prop for a small fee.

But the dia. is puzzling.

i think they tried to go with a smaller dia. to make the prop turn faster. you could go with a 15 dia. 15 p and try that.

Like i said this site sells props and they don't like other webistes being put up that competes for bus.

Do a search find the one that lets you rent the prop if you don;t damage it they will take it back or if you like it you can buy it the price is very cheap.

You got smart tabs on the boat that might help with the planning

You could get rid some of the junk on the boat check for hidden water in the hull.

Don;t take to many fat people on board.

Many thanks Chief... She runs great alone and empty.... Sometimes i have to take the wife... she pays for the slip every month. Think I will try the 15x15 cant hurt...

Back