Logo

help with Mercury 60ELPT 4S

Kerryd15

Hello, working on a 60 ELPT, serial 1c151442. this is EFI

Runs ok, but when throttling down to idle it will stumble bad and sometimes die.
checked fuel pressure and have 40PSI, stays constant as you rev the engine and bring back to idle, as long as the engine is running it maintained 40 PSI very consistantly. pulled plugs and cleaned them for now. they all looked similar. I will change the high pressure fuel filter, and look into cleaning the fuel tank that the high pressure pump sits in just to see if there is build up of anything. One thing i did check is timing and that seems off. how do you check timing on these. is there a connector to unplug to unhood the computer to set a base timing? at 900 RPM in neutral, it was over 10 degrees which seems high for idle. where can i download a PDF of the manual? i looked for half an hour last night and cant find one for the EFI 4 stroke engines.

What else can be tested at home? i did use an infra red thermometer and all cylinders were close to the same temp after i ran the engine so i believe it is not a miss all the time. do you think an injector cleaner of some type would help?

Back