Logo

Help Joe or JWB

n_e_t_o

"Ordered the new power pack, h

"Ordered the new power pack, had to get the CDI one as the Sierra was out of stock. Anyway, before I put it on I want to finish checking the other components as recommended in the SELOC manual. Problem is, the instructions for my model (1988 120 Looper V4) are "generic". Not being that familiar with this particular outboard yet, I need a little info.
In my SELOC manual, it refers to "2 four prong connectors that connect the power pack to the timer base". Mine has a 5 prong on the port and 4 prong on the starboard. Are those the timer base plugs? or is the 5 wire something else?
That is one example of many "generic references", here are the other things I want to know:
- The two wire plug, with two brown wires coming out from under the flywheel...what does that go to?
- The two yellow wires? (together)
- The two orange wires? (together)
- Yellow w/red and Tan wires (seperate, but loomed together)
Basically, I just want to know what leads come from the timer base, the charge coil, the sensor coil, etc. My Seloc manual does not do a very good job AT ALL for this particular outboard.

We were able to perform the one test (Charge coil output I think?) that confirmed that the power pack was bad but want to check out everything else before I put it in.

Thanks in advance if anyone can help me with the info I need on this outboard.

Randy"

"all u need to do,is match the

"all u need to do,is match the color coded wires,together .the 2 wires booted in 2 plugs,should be sensor(timer base),the browns are chg coils..just match them up. one important thing,is w/key ON,..make sure u have no voltage on blk yellow kill wire."

Back