Logo

Help identifying outboard model/year/hp

z1990CC

No model number plate. Please help identifying. I would appreciate any assistance. Want to order parts however I don’t know what to order em for. I think it’s a Johnson 50hp

Not much to go by.---Could be a 1958 / 1971 / 1980 /1990 / 2000 model.----Post some pictures if paint / decals are original.---What color is this motor?

Not much to go by.---Could be a 1958 / 1971 / 1980 /1990 / 2000 model.----Post some pictures if paint / decals are original.---What color is this motor?
I’m struggling to upload pictures i don’t know why they aren’t posting. If you have any tips.

boat.pics2_1.jpeg

Attachments

• boat.pics2_2.jpeg
    boat.pics2_2.jpeg
    51.7 KB · Views: 3
  • boat.pics2_3.jpeg
    boat.pics2_3.jpeg
    53 KB · Views: 2
  • boat.pics2_4.jpeg
    boat.pics2_4.jpeg
    52.3 KB · Views: 1
  • boat.pics2_5.jpeg
    boat.pics2_5.jpeg
    57.5 KB · Views: 2
  • boat.pics2_6.jpeg
    boat.pics2_6.jpeg
    51.6 KB · Views: 3
It is a 1987 model.----The cowling in the picture appears to be on backwards.-----And it appears to be for a 1972 ?? model.----Do a complete evaluation before spending money on parts.----Post the actual compression values.

So long story, boat with motor were free, I just saw the motor’s condition.. figured it had a chance. I know little about outboards. I’ve only done a seal replacement once on a lower unit, and other small things related to that same outboard. I was On the forum I believe, years ago with a 35hp sea horse 1964- 65. Anyway I may need to look into compression testing. I really just wanted to see if a carb clean/kit, with the necessities for spark would get it running. Am I underestimating the project?

I know I’m probably going about this all wrong… however I’m thinking of converting the vro to the standard gas pump, that’ll get me to fix all the gas lines. Then once it’s together I’ll see if it will fire. Which pump should I buy?

Back