Logo

Help!!! 50 hp Johnson

BreezyTG

Was on the lake the other day my motor just shut off. Won’t start back got home my plugs was bad so I put new ones in it and fresh oil and gas it started for like 3 mins and then **** off and now it won’t start back and it is getting fire

TG, what is the model # of your motor? We need to do an effective spark test first thing. Next we will discuss the fuel system. Did this problem occur during the first time out after a storage period? Did it seem hot when it died out? Did it die suddenly, like someone turned off the key, or did it die off more slowly.

TG, what is the model # of your motor? We need to do an effective spark test first thing. Next we will discuss the fuel system. Did this problem occur during the first time out after a storage period? Did it seem hot when it died out? Did it die suddenly, like someone turned off the key, or did it die off more slowly.

(j50tleod)that’s the serial number. The boat was running just fine and we was like 20 feet from the dock and the motor just shut off. Took it home put new plugs and gas in it tryed to start it it started for about 3 or 4 min if that then just died s d now it want start back.
I think it might be my power pack but I’m new to boats

It is under the crankshaft nut/washer that holds on the flywheel. You can probably look to see if it's okay from the top, once the nut and washer are removed. Do you have a torque wrench available?

You could also bring upper cyl to the very top of the stroke and see where your flywheel mark meets up with the index point. That might be too easy, however. Did you hit that rock 20 feet from the dock too?........just joking.

Last edited:
Back