Logo

hello to all.

markyboy

i have just got my first 16 ft speed boat with a 115 hp penta inbourd. just fitted new prop. can anyone please tell me if when i lower the stern drive fully is it ment to lock in the lowest position ?? there is a sort of latch that hooks over the bar when lowerded . but im not sure. this is by far the best boat forum i seen .. thanks for any help :confused:

Generally, the best adjustment is that pin which has the prop shaft ( when locked down and viewed from the side with boat out of the water) at the same angle as the bottom of the boat's hull, i.e., neither pointing up or down.

Generally, the best adjustment is that pin which has the prop shaft ( when locked down and viewed from the side with boat out of the water) at the same angle as the bottom of the boat's hull, i.e., neither pointing up or down.

Hi sandkicker. Thanks for your reply. I take it its . Only ment to lock in reverse.. and when in drive its not ment to lock incase it hit the bottom.. I just put ä new prop on and will try it out tomorow.. thanks again for your help....

Back