Logo

Having problems with my 2012 fuel injected bf50D

Jayrudy

Hi Newbie here having some trouble with my honda its a 2012 fuel injected bf50D it was a tiller when i got it and and had the dealer make it remote steering. So rite now iv been having problems for past 4 weekends where the motor would struggle an wouldn't go past 3800 or 4200 rpm . I have bypassed the fuel/water separator bypassed the main fuel line iv changed the primer ball changed the spark plugs ran it with the gas cap almost off to make sure it was getting air . I had a mechanic come look at it he checked the pressure on the high pressure fuel pump that was good he said he did find that a high pressure fuel strainer witch is the size of a quarter was black and gritty i called him back to put it back in and he never called me back so i put it in myself Took for a spin seemed fine but would only go up to 4600 to 4800rpm and not the normal 5000 rpm but it did not sputter so i thought it was good next day drove for 3-4 hrs Fishing in bay seemed fine did have 3 people on boat and it wouldnt get on plane would only go 3500 rpm but never sputtered than when i dropped my guest's off i could get back on plane and up to 5000rpm But the very next day took 2 people and some gear to little island came back took3 more ppl over and me and 1 person went to drop crab traps and it started puttering out at 4000 rpm and you had to keep it under that so my cousin said try to bypass fuel water separator an hose line so hose comes out of motor the primer ball than tank I ran it with me and 1 person for 10 min it went to 5,000 rpm seemed fine thought it was fuel line or fuel water separator but than 30 min later me an another person went out and it would start to putter our at like 3600 rpm The next day took out for 20 min ride by myself ran fine but would max out at 4600 to 4800rpm And took it out 2 more times and it did same thing Its so frustrating. I do feel like i hear an air noise but the mechanic said well you probably never recognized it because motor was fine but idk My cousin said mite be numeral saftey switch on motor starting to go bad so this weekend ill try that . I took video at dock of where i hear the loud air sound i sprayed some gum cleaner in it and it putterd than put in neutral and gave a lil gas not much but you can hear the air not sure if its normal or not. The motor only has 200 hrs on it . In march the shop put it on the machine and gave me print out of hrs and there has never been any codes on it either. but any other help in direction would be greatly appreciated Thank you

Did you fit a new high pressure filter or did you put the old one back.They should be replaced every 200hrs and they cause this very problem when blocked.The hissing noise is normal, that is air being drawn through the idle air control valve

Did you fit a new high pressure filter or did you put the old one back.They should be replaced every 200hrs and they cause this very problem when blocked.The hissing noise is normal, that is air being drawn through the idle air control valve

Yes i put a new one in and changed the gasket as well . Friday im going to see if injectors are spraying rite. I know there is a 3rd filter that is very hard to change im wondering if i should take it to mechanic to have that one changed but my guy said no shouldnt be clogged i think its connected to the high pressure fuel pump .

Back