Logo

Got to love Central New England

kghost

Silver Medal Contributor
Well As many know I live in Central Mass,

So far in less than one weeks time we have received over 48 inches of snow........

I must say I am about done with it.........and to top it all off temperatures are hovering around ZERO with below Zero wind chills..........

I am not sure where the global warming/climate change morons are getting there data.......Ain't happening here

Just sayin........................

Ayuh,.... Up here in the snow belt east of Lake Ontario, 4' in a week ain't so much of a big deal,...

But I agree with ya on the temps,....
It's been below freezin' for over a month now, without the tiniest warm up,...
Last few of nights it's been in the -20°s,.... not even up to -10° yet today,....

Goin' outdoors to feed the wood boiler has become a task for every few hours, insteada once or twice a day,....
Hope my wood pile holds out,....
I've got a few more cords in the back forty, 'n another 10 cords off-site, but diggin' it out ain't gonna be easy in these temps,....
I admit it,... I'm gettin' older,... My hands turn to ice clubs in way to short a time in this sh!t,.....

'n Global Warmin' is just the newest Tax scheme,.... Nothin' to do with our planet,...

bondo has got the right perspective to make you feel better about where you are at kghost. when i was stationed at grand forks and minot north dakota.....minus 20 and 25 degrees really would make us think that zero would be a play day.

bondo has got the right perspective to make you feel better about where you are at kghost. when i was stationed at grand forks and minot north dakota.....minus 20 and 25 degrees really would make us think that zero would be a play day.

Ayuh,.... Just to make ya feel atad better Jack,...

Since I posted this mornin', the heat wave has arrived,... It's up to 16°, now mid-afternoon,...

'course, 'bout an hour after I posted, the Lake Effect Machine kicked in,....
It's been snowin' at 'bout an inch a hour, or more since,....
At Noon, when I trudged out, 'n tended the boiler, I also plugged in my pickup, 'n the backhoe,....
The drifts in the driveway were only knee deep at that point,....
Hopefully, they'll both start this evenin',...

The good news is the wind is supposed to die down to 10/ 15 mph tonight, insteada the current 20/ 30 mph,...
The Temps are supposed to stay Up too,... 16° over night,... 31° for tomorrow,....
Then back to single digits til Friday, when the snow is Supposed to stop,....

I spent a month in Kesagami provincial park in northern Ontario a few years ago, counting fish for the department of logs & frogs. The highest daytime temp recorded was a balmy -27C, with the usual night time temps dropping to -40 to -45C range. I generally like winter, but that took the fun right out of it.

Had to turn the air on yesterday for a few hours, the house got up to 82 degrees Fahrenheit.:cool:

Global warming in southern California must exist. :eek:

It was 75 today in Orlando, Florida and can't wait for it to get hot so I can take the boat out. I guess I forgot what it was like up North.

1510489_10152145688394015_1831977579_n.png

4-5 feet of snow in Wareham Ma. 5 miles from cape cod canal. This is probably the worst winter I have seen. The last one was the blizzard of 78 which this winter has surpassed it,003.jpg more snow this weekend. The Agony And The Ecstasy ( When Will You End ..the reply is... When I'm Finished)

Oldest daughter and husband live in Worcester. She was lucky enough this week to escape to an industry trade show in Florida, leaving her husband to continue as an IT type in a local hospital, putting serious hours on their snow blower ( very old house, long, wide driveway. corner lot) and getting lots of use on his Suburu AWD.

I live 15 minutes east of Worcester..........I know the pain............and all the snow.........I have almost 4 solid feet in my back yard.

Called my daughter @ 10 pm the night of the first big storm. She said that they were still at it, 31 inches and still coming down... with her husband and three others (friends, neighbors). My daughter and son-in-law not exactly wimps as the have both run the Boston and NYC marathons and both competed in tri events. BTW... at the Boston that was bombed. My son-in-law, who was running with an incompletely healed training injury, dropped out near the end. Had he not, he would have been @ "ground zero" just about the time the bombs went off.
There isn't a hole deep enough and black enough for that guy.

My girlfriend works at the place the one remaining bomber has been for the last year and a half or so....cant go into details......the feds ya know!!

So I know a lot about the situation that occurred and a bit about the moron on trial, also my cousin and her daughter were at ground zero although they did not get physically injured they both have physiological scars for sure. They witness the carnage and also tried to help in the medical tents.........They were regulars at the finish line as they both are physical therapists and helped with runners muscle issues for many years etc.....

Oh and they are predicting another foot or more this weekend..........also sub zero temps and with the wind chill it may get close to -30

I got to say this has been one real bad second half of the winter..first half was fine. little if any snow and only cold temps.....now...oh my god there is so much snow they were trucking it out of out parking lot at work as there is not enough room for big trucks to turn when backing up and there is just no room to put it.

The snow banks in the parking lot are 25 feet or higher and about 20 to 30 feet thick............

Last edited:
Luckily for us Al Gore invented the global warming...we would have been frozen solid by now if it weren't for that...

Yes..........Great question...........the Gov declares a state of emergency but has to ask the fed if he can dump snow into the ocean.................WTF..

Only in Massachusetts..........it is a ****ed up state, but there is more jobs for good $$ here than in most states. Why I don't know as I have lived in several others...............Go figure........

AsI recall, NYC used to dump snow into the river(s).... Some number of years ago the EPA stopped them from doing this! The NYC sanitation dept had to install a melting system to collect and melt snow and drain it into the sewers... which lead to the river. A total waste of energy

Well As many know I live in Central Mass,

So far in less than one weeks time we have received over 48 inches of snow........

I must say I am about done with it.........and to top it all off temperatures are hovering around ZERO with below Zero wind chills..........

I am not sure where the global warming/climate change morons are getting there data.......Ain't happening here

Just sayin........................

Hey Ghost! I was over you way a few months back. it was lovely weather.
Back in Australia now, shorts, tee shirt and sleeping with doors & windows open..

Where and when?? And why were you here?

We have a long way to go to get to shorts and tee shirt weather.........still 3 feet of snow in my yard. Snow banks around my neighborhood are still over 6-10 feet high............ugggg. Cant even walk to my boat in my yard the snow is so high from falling off the shrink wrap......

Where and when?? And why were you here?

We have a long way to go to get to shorts and tee shirt weather.........still 3 feet of snow in my yard. Snow banks around my neighborhood are still over 6-10 feet high............ugggg. Cant even walk to my boat in my yard the snow is so high from falling off the shrink wrap......

Wow. Worst weather here in Sydney is frost in the morning.

I wasn't central, went to Scituate Harbour Sept 2014, to look at a boat.

Ide decided not to buy it, but went there any way just to make sure Ide made the right decision. Changed my mind.

Spent some time in Cohasset and then a few days in Boston. learnt about a Tea Party. you guys need to man up. Tea?

A diesel 25 Bertram. Had plans to build one just like it. Plans cancelled, I bought it.

Wish I had time to arrange some connects, I decided to go, had some passport issues, two weeks later I was there.

Crazy trip. Scituate, Boston, Washington, NYC, Sydney. 9 days. NYC is interesting...

30 hrs to get there, and again to get back.

Would have loved to have shaked the hands of those who have helped me but time did not allow..... you ever coming to Sydney?

TM

Back