Logo

Getting trigger off of 1983 merc mariner 115

CJCARLISLE

On a 1983 Mercury Mariner 115, do I have to have a puller to get the trigger off ? I got the flywheel off , now the little piece that the flywheel was bolted to is only thing left before the trigger

The proper flywheel puller removes the hub and flywheel as one piece.-----Hopefully you marked the flywheel to ensure it goes back on the same way with those 8 bolts.-----Once the ENTIRE flywheel is off the trigger comes off easily.-----How did you determine that trigger needs to be replaced ?

Well I bought the boat and it was supposed to be all good , got it home and did a compression test and found 3 bad holes, i know now i should hv done the compression test their but i didnt have the knowledge I do now plus i got it pretty cheap anyway found a whole new powerhead with supposedly 130 on all holes , when it was shipped the guy just put it in a regular box no crate , and I assume the fed x guys were just putting their dolley under the studs and bent and broke a few so I had to take to a machine shop , the machine shop fixed everything I needed them to but also broke the trigger where the metal linkage deal comes thru the hole ,so I'm having to use the trigger off of the old head now and also with the new powerhead marking wouldn't help me , I bought a TDC tool but yea I dont have that much knowledge on all that I'll cross that bridge when I get there , the new head didnt come with the flywheel

Back