Logo

Gaskets

"Hey Matt, while your at it yo

"Hey Matt, while your at it you should change the powerhead gaskets as well. I'm in the process of doing it to my 1983 70hp Johnson. From what I've read on the threads they recommend it every 5 years. Just a suggestion."

one of my gaskets are warped a

one of my gaskets are warped and i cant get my boat on a plane and i know its not my compression because i sprayed a little starter fluid in the carbs when it was in the water and i got my boat to go for about 5 to 10 min then it started doing it again and i was wondering if a warped gasket would cause it cause it would be leaking air in then would be a uneven air to fuel mixture

"Hey Matt, make sure you soak

"Hey Matt, make sure you soak them in carb cleaner and remove all rubber parts. Don't forget to take the jets out. You'll need a special screwdriver or you can grind a regular one to fit. Just make sure the srewdriver fits down the jet opening and be very carefull not to damage the jets and the threads. I've read on here that you'll have to replace the carbs if you do. Their not difficult to do just remember the float has to be level with the bowl. Did you check the spark intensity and the compression yet?"

no but i got my boat to plane

no but i got my boat to plane and i thought that if the commpression was bad that the motor wouldnt of pushed my boat folr about 10 min

Back