Logo

Gas leaking out the bottom

Pjbracke

I have a 1968 - 65 horse Johnson and the fuel pump is pumping gas but the gas is coming out the bottom. Does anyone know why this could be?
thanks

are you saying that gas is leaking out the bottom of the fuel pump? I know that with mine if you take the fuel pump cover off and put it back on with nipple in the wrong spot it will leak. reason being, there is a little flange on the back side of nipple and will rest against one of the mounting screws causing the cover to not seal.

are you saying that gas is leaking out the bottom of the fuel pump? I know that with mine if you take the fuel pump cover off and put it back on with nipple in the wrong spot it will leak. reason being, there is a little flange on the back side of nipple and will rest against one of the mounting screws causing the cover to not seal.

Thank you, no the gas is leaking out of the small plate at te bottom of the engine which has three screws holding it on and it also has a small screen. There is no smell of gas in the cylinder head when I take the spark plug out.

Back