Logo

Gages are Shorted Out

"The End

Gentlemen

Than

"The End

Gentlemen

Thanks to all hat helped me in what became the worst mess I have gotten myself into in a long, long time.! Special thanks to Bob! You stuck with me and provided me with the details that finally made me find the problem
Note
The gages in this boat has separate wires that attach to the light in the gages! The tack and the speedo has to have both the negative and positive push on's to power the lights. The rest, four, have to have separate positive push on connectors to power the lights. I couldn't figure it out, so I took a couple of the gages out and that's when I found the "spade" connectors at the very top of the gages. That's why I couldn't figure it out because I couldn't see them. I ran the hot wire from the ignition through the fuse box with a five amp fuse. The lights will be on when the ignition switch in on.

Lastly, I told you that I would take a pic of the damn thing that caused the problem, well one of them anyhow. So I am attaching the photo of where the purple wire is soldered to the three blue wires. The blue wires were the wires I ended up using for the lights. All of the connections were all there, but someone had put three blue wires on the ground block, and it even had the correct ring connector for the positive for the speedo.
THANK YOU ALL

THE END

Steve Hampton
293325.jpg
"

Good job Steve....thanks for l

Good job Steve....thanks for letting us know what the fix was....couldn't see those terminals from the pics above either!

Back