Logo

Fuel won't flow through carb

carogator

Regular Contributor
Back to the old CD 25 R again. Been cranking each year to use, but don't get the chance to go.<br>Carb has been thru 4 times now, and still won't start untill you put a little air pressure on the fuel line after the pump. Then starts and runs well. If you try to restart within 10/15 minutes after shutdown, it will. Wait an hour and you have to start over again. It is really hard to push gas up to engine with primer bulb.Is it possible it is blockage in fuel pump?

Well to answer your direct question, yes there is a filter screen in the fuel pump. Completely blocked? That would be unusual, but possible, I suppose.

Just checked fuel flow after pump and fuel pumps right through with the bulb. So that tells me the problem is in the carb . Just went out and put 15# pressure on carb line and started up.Waited 15 mins and pulled 1 time then 1 w/choke and it fired up, setting on low idle to see if would start.I need to find out what inside carb is giving trouble.

Do you have the plastic carbs? The 225hp I run has the plastic carbs and the heat gets to them over the years and they warp. Even if you instal a new gasket kit gas will get out of them.

When I rebuilt my carbs (warped) there was a brass jet that I tried getting off with a flathead but it was so tight I starting stripping it so I stopped. I used high pressure air and hit that jet and a piece of an old O-ring flew out of it causing the needle to seat properly.

Do you have the plastic carbs? The 225hp I run has the plastic carbs and the heat gets to them over the years and they warp. Even if you instal a new gasket kit gas will get out of them.

When I rebuilt my carbs (warped) there was a brass jet that I tried getting off with a flathead but it was so tight I starting stripping it so I stopped. I used high pressure air and hit that jet and a piece of an old O-ring flew out of it causing the needle to seat properly.

Just the metal carb. Soon as I get my 15 going, I might start back on the 4.

Back