Logo

Fuel pump diaphragm

Those screws are 10-24 and 40 inch lbs would be plenty.----Most of those diaphragm stick out from the pump body.-----Such an easy and economical pump to maintain.

I'm resurrecting a 1966 80hp Johnson. Compression 105-110 on all four. Cleaned carb, new plugs, points and condenser. The old fuel pump diaphragm was hard
and brittle. She fired right up today.

Sure it will work.----But it will not work any better than what you have now.-----And yours is much better with a filter and water separating bowl on it.----New does not mean better in my opinion !!

They used to last 20 years or more.----Get the factory replacement diaphragm and stop worrying about that simple / reliable pump.-----What is your motor doing / not doing that makes you jump all over that pump ?----Any other trouble shooting done ?

Like I said in a few posts back, I'm resurrecting a 1966 80hp Johnson. Compression 105-110 on all four. Cleaned carb, new plugs, points and condenser. The old fuel pump diaphragm was hard and brittle. She fired right up Monday and had it on the lake today. Ran great. Guy I got it from said it had sat for 20 years. I was just inquiring about the other pumps to learn something new.

These simple diaphragm pumps are easy to maintain / repair.----They all work the same way with a PRESSURE pulse from the crankcase.----A $ 6 diaphragm or $600 for a new mixing VRO pump.----Easy choice for me.

Back