Logo

Fuel promblem

adam_cvngh

I recently just bought A glastron boat they said it ran but.... Anyhow I have bought a new tank and all the connectors to the 1978 115 outboard Johnson motor I am getting fuel all the way to the fuel filter.The boat will run when you directly spray mixed gas into the carburetor. However when you stop spraying it stops running and the primer bulb is primed any help would be great thank you

Not getting fuel to the carb. Pull the fuel line off the carb to see if you are getting fuel. Various items could be the problem. Pump could be bad, fuel line could be clogged, etc. Do you know if the previous owner was using ethanol free fuel?

Not getting fuel to the carb. Pull the fuel line off the carb to see if you are getting fuel. Various items could be the problem. Pump could be bad, fuel line could be clogged, etc. Do you know if the previous owner was using ethanol free fuel?

I have fuel all the way to the carb, The boat sat up for a year her son tried to get it going with the old gas in the tank Whene I purchased the boat I seen the old gas and immediately put a new tank in . I do not know about the ethanol would that be a problem?

Rebuild the carbs. Get complete rebuild kits, take them completely apart, soak them, clean them, make sure all passages are open with wire, and re-assemble.

They're definitely clogged up.

Rebuild the carbs. Get complete rebuild kits, take them completely apart, soak them, clean them, make sure all passages are open with wire, and re-assemble.

They're definitely clogged up.

Is this a pretty simple thing to do? Are there manuals for this if so where may I find it at. Thank you very much.

Before you go and buy rebuild kits, clean the carbs yourself, really, really well. It's not that hard.
Remove the jets, remove the needle and seat and make sure you clean the 90 degree neck where the fule line hooks into the carb. I had a blockage there in 2 of my carbs. One wasn't getting any fuel, the other was getting about 1/3 of what it needed. My motor would only run out to about 32MPH and only 500 yards before it died. Took my carbs apart. used my air compressor to blow everything out. put every thing back together and now, I have a great hole shot, runs out to about 45MPH and will run all day long. Do them one at a time if you have multiple and if you have a high speed and low speed jets, make sure you put the right ones back in the right spots.

Back