Logo

Fuel line / engine connector issue

hobble

I have a 10/15hp (depends which sticker you believe !) 2006 Mariner. Bought it a couple of weeks ago, but it didn't have a fuel tank / line. So I bought a new one, which worked fine for a couple of trips, but has now failed. Try to squeeze the primer bulb and fuel squirts out from the connector at the engine end. Close examination shows the o-ring is damaged and whilst it's possible I damaged it while trying to connect it up I am pretty careful. Before I go out and buy another new female connector to go on the end of the fuel line I had a closer look at the male connector on the engine. The pin / needle that would push the ball valve open moves from side to side quite a bit, to the extent that I suspect it could be slipping to one side of the ball and pushing into the o-ring, causing the damage. Could someone just confirm if the pin should be able to wobble from side to side or should it be pretty stable ?

Thanks.

OK, thanks. I'll see if a can find a different make, last one was Talamex.

(Though what you're saying is... I've got a crappy female ! - I won't tell her you said that).

Ha!......wait a minute, don't get me in any more trouble now! Make sure the male end isn't buggerd up either. Many male connectors messed up a heap plenty females too.

Last edited:
Back