Logo

Ford 351 w aq250 %3d no reverse

luckyleo71

86' Glastron with 351 W sm

86' Glastron with 351 W small block & volvo penta AQ 250 Runs great and will shift into forward gear but not reverse. Forward controls look to be in good working order. Cable slides forward into gear and back to neutral but not enough for reverse. Out drive is locked in the down position. Any ideas?

"This makes little difference

"This makes little difference to what Eduardo is suggesting...... it will be the same scenario.
But an '86 Glastron with the 5.8L may have been an AQ 240..... I think.
If you are referring to your drive, I don't believe this will be a 250 drive!
El, correct me here if wrong.
"

"You are right, Ricardo, the A

"You are right, Ricardo, the AQ240 was the only original AQ package from the 70s with a 351 Windsor. However, some people have made their own mods with the Borg Wagner adapter, though. Also, the AQ240 came packaged with the 280 drive.

In any case, the link I posted was for the drive installed on the AQ190/240, both of them with Ford engines...."

"[b]Quote: "You are right,

"Quote: "You are right, Ricardo" (God I love that part)......
biggrin.gif
.... "the AQ240 was the only original AQ package from the 70s with a 351 Windsor. However, some people have made their own mods with the <u>Borg Wagner adapter</u>, though."

Yep..... Been there/done that to my son's 2450 SND F/B boat and to a few other boats! Duo Prop drives to boot! What a difference!"

Back