Logo

Force 85hp throttle control

spdrcr03

"I have a 1983 Force outboard

"I have a 1983 Force outboard 85hp motor. I was wondering if there should be some type of control attached to it that enables me to increse RPM to the motor without it being in gear. When I start the boat it idles in neutral but will stall until it warms up. If I go to the trouble of removing the hood and revving it up a little bit then it will run fine. My old boat had a mercry engine and it had a secondary control on the control box that would allow me to do this, what does the Force motor have for this purpose??

Thanks."

on the bottom of the throtle h

on the bottom of the throtle handle there may be a round knob you can pull out about 1/2-1" to take out of gear then move throtle forward to rev without being in gear. at lest most boats I've seen. hope this helps.

There wasn't knob or anyth

There wasn't knob or anything but I got to messing around with it and found that the entire throttle lever actually pulls about a half inch away from the sidewall of the boat where it is mounted and it disengages the gear cable and allows me to throttle up............thanks for the info.

Back