Logo

Force 125 no top end

dustin190

"i have a 1986 bayliner with a

"i have a 1986 bayliner with a 125 force that is making me crazy....let me know what im missing... cleaned carbs reeds, timing is corect good spark,no fuel problem that i can find... runs strong in the driveway but i put her in the lake and only get about 2000 rpm and about 10 mph
i belive the prop is stock from what im told..."

I had this problem and found t

I had this problem and found that a plug wire was loose. You may have a bad plug or wire. Check your plugs to see if one looks fouled.

"i put all new plugs and it se

"i put all new plugs and it seams to be getting spark, i checked it with a timming light but #4 plug was alot cleaner than the rest... maybe weak spark ??? check out the picture"

"<[img]"http://www.marineengin

"
291812.jpg
spark plugs

I would guess that #4 is not f

I would guess that #4 is not firing well try swapping the coils around if there the same. Im thinking you have a bad coil. Put #4 plug back in #4 cylinder. If the coils can be swapped Im guessing the #4 plug will chang colors to look like the rest.

#4 could be sucking in a littl

#4 could be sucking in a little water too.. that'd keep it clean and cause it to not get good revs on the water.

The best thing to do is remove

The best thing to do is remove the cylinder head. If water is getting in you will usually notice clean areas around the leaky spots.

Back