Logo

Finally got my 200 started after rebuilding cylinder heads, but......

Skooter

Advanced Contributor
It fired up and ran, then service engine light came on after a few minutes. I ran my hds and got code 4-2, but I forgot to save the diagnostic test on my computer and trying to figure out what the issue is. It mentioned something to do with timing...i think...anyone??
Thanks!

Check your connections on the crankshaft position (CKP) sensor and the Camshaft Position (CMP) sensor. Don't have my manual with me, so can't tell you how to test. The test for both of those sensors is supposedly on page 5-30 of the Helm Shop manual.

Well, I checkedc last night and everything seems to be in order. I cleaned harness connectors and they looked clean, I checked timing marks on camshafts and they seem to line up with crank at TDC...could I be off one tooth at the crank? I didnt have time to pull boat out of shop and start it yesterday,but I will try this afternoon and see if problem is fixed...

I took another look at the timing and I was off 1-tooth on the camshafts. I am going to adjust valve clearance and start it..I hope this fixes the issue. My 2 cents...I think this error occurred because the timing marks on crank were not visible. So When I chalked my mark on crank, I was on the upstroke of the #1 TDC, now I realized after pulling crank pulley and looking at timing mark on crank, that I was actually off.

Good you found it. Let us know if that fixes it all. You spent some mighty time on rebuilding these engines. I sure hope it's all worth the effort.

I put the big gurl all together yesterday evening after being off one notch.....fired her up for a few seconds seems to run good.

Back