Logo

finally got it running

capemaydiamond

Contributing Member
well everything seems to be fine but i have a few loose ends i need help with. first i cannot seem to figure where to connect the wire that controls the buzzer or where to hook up the two wires that are coming off of the v-drive from what looks like a pressure sensor. my other question is that my oil pressure gauge reads 20 psi at idle and around 40 psi at 3000 rpms, does that seem about right? the motors are 350 crusaders in a 1978 silverton which are a brand new install. thanks ahead of time any insight would be great.

my other question is that my oil pressure gauge reads 20 psi at idle and around 40 psi at 3000 rpms, does that seem about right?

I think that oil pressure is ok. If at HOT idle, it might even be less. If it trips a 7psi low oil sender, then it's trouble, if you are running 40 oil.

Knuckle47 can help with the V-drive; my guess is an oil pressure light. ID'ing the MFg would help.

Concur with DD on the oil pressure numbers - what weight you using?

On the buzzer - the engine end? It should tie into the circuit that connects the low engine oil pressure switch, the engine coolant overheat switch, and (maybe) an overheat warning switch on the gear (not all installs use this last one). If any of the switches close, the buzzer goes off.

Back