Logo

Ficht EEM update

Kevmarti75

I bought the EVDiag software and it's telling me there is a EEM update available (oil fuel mixture)... I don't know if I should try it since I'm not a outboard technician. Has anyone done this and is it just plug and play? Or is it necessary? Any input I'll appreciate

2000 Ficht 150

Man that is 18 years ago. Had brain surgery in 2006. I think that is just to block the 100/1 oil cycle, but can't be sure. Won't do you any good here, but maybe someone else remembers something else. I have someone I can call to check?

Like I said long time ago, but way before 100/1. Not that! It turns out after talking with my buddy who retired in Dec. '17 from BRP we are pretty sure it is an update to the map for the rapid pulsing of the oil injector. This is controlled by the EMM to help with No oil horn/lights and keep the injector with oil available at all times. On restarts the EMM tells the injector to pulse rapidly.
The map will not be in the EV Diagnostic. It will direct the owner to seek out a dealer/etc. for assistance in loading the new map.

Back