Logo

FEW QUESTIONS ON MY 94 MERCURY

"I just bought this boat with

"I just bought this boat with a 90 hp Merc on it. The motor is a 94 or 95 not sure just yet. My questions are. #1 there is a small weep hole less than 1/4 inch on the right side of the motor located on the lower unit right at about the height of the top of the prop blade that is weeping what looks like black oil(after being run) it is dripping down the skeg, is that normal?? #2 The inside of the prop where the exhaust and water exit has a grey-ish paste building up is that normal?? and finally #3 with my flush cups on the "pee" hole is not pushing any water out however, it is exiting the prop. Is that correct or should it pee with the cups on. The motor runs great. This is my first Merc and I just want to make sure it stays that way. Thanks in advance! By the way allof the above mentioned are with it being run with the flush cups in my yard.
John"

All 2 strokes make a greasy me

All 2 strokes make a greasy mess out of the exhaust. That is why the EPA banned most of them. Most O/B's don't piss well on the cups. Put it in the water. Is should piss like a race horse. Unless the impeller is bad.

Back