Logo

Fast strike question

cca

Was wondering if the fuel pump or that solenoid not opening or closing as it should would cause the excess oil or maybe bad fuel line somewhere. Dont want any more damage to it by running it without knowing. Was gonna order new solenoid for it for starters and maybe pump.

The electric primer solenoid is for starting.-----It is an electric valve that opens ( push key in and hold it in ) to spray fuel while cranking it over for near instant starts.-----The electric primer is NOT a pump used to fill carburetors !-----What exactly is your motor doing / not doing ?

The electric primer solenoid is for starting.-----It is an electric valve that opens ( push key in and hold it in ) to spray fuel while cranking it over for near instant starts.-----The electric primer is NOT a pump used to fill carburetors !-----What exactly is your motor doing / not doing ?
Put boat in water. Got started but still smoking. Got in drive for a bit but not much. Reason I asked about solenoid is if not operating correctly and the red lever is down would that still choke the motor. Did not push lever up which I guess overrides that. All started with the oil line up behind starter came off for some reason. Was absolute pain to get back on. Thought I was looking at power head change. But compression checked ok on all four cylinders. Any ideas?

The red lever must be inline with the primer valve body to run.
Ok. It was down which is in line with body so I'm not sure if I had a lot of residual from trying to start on lake or what. Changed plugs once but maybe needs to be done one more time. Just got back and not having the oil come out of exhaust like it did first couple of starts on muffs.

Ok. It was down which is in line with body so I'm not sure if I had a lot of residual from trying to start on lake or what. Changed plugs once but maybe needs to be done one more time. Just got back and not having the oil come out of exhaust like it did first couple of starts on muffs.
Thanks for info. Got couple of fuel lines that I'd like to change. May be pulling some air or something. Worked on cars and trucks for long time but first outboard like this. Put new power pack on last year and new impellar. Have used it a lot but guess there is always something.

Oil coming from prop is oil tank in boat pressurizing and filling carbs with oil. Makes hard to start and smoke like crazy when it finally does. Change oil cap on tank first.

Oil coming from prop is oil tank in boat pressurizing and filling carbs with oil. Makes hard to start and smoke like crazy when it finally does. Change oil cap on tank first.
I will do that for sure. Also should primer ball for that oil tank be hard even after sitting or with cap off for awhile? This one is

I will do that for sure. Also should primer ball for that oil tank be hard even after sitting or with cap off for awhile? This one is
Not getting the oil leaking out prop like it was. Pur new set of plugs in today and new fuel primer ball cause I had one. At lake just letting clear out a bit and was gonna put it in. Should I wait till I change cap?

Not getting the oil leaking out prop like it was. Pur new set of plugs in today and new fuel primer ball cause I had one. At lake just letting clear out a bit and was gonna put it in. Should I wait till I change cap?
Another question for ya faztbullet. If it's not cap can the vro pump fail enough to overload carbs or would that be leak in system. Should I bypass vro or could I have air in system after I reattached the oil line that came off up behind starter? Like I said earlier the bulb on oil tank is hard as hell. I am ordering new cap today. I believe it's one of the recirculation lines. Its called

Back