Logo

Exhaust water only coming out of one side of stern drive with the ear muffs.

AngryPossum

Hey all, newbie on the forum...
I'm running my 1985 Mercruiser 3.0 Alpha One - Generation One Engine IO. I'm using the basic ear muffs. I had noticed that water is only coming out of the exhaust on the driver's side of the outdrive/stern... Is this normal? The garden hose isn't really blasted, but a decent amount of water is going thru the outdrive ports. I tried using the muffs on the side that no water is coming out and it's still not coming out like the driver's side. Do I need the hose to be blasted? Any help would be utmost appreciated. Thanks.

Hey all, newbie on the forum...I just got a free 1985- 20' Century Mustang II Bowrider Mercruiser Alpha One with a Generation One I/O from a good friend for free. I had just rebuilt the carb and replaced all the floor boards and tuned her up, and its running amazingly well.

Issue: When im running the Engine on drydock with the ear muffs. I had noticed that water is only coming out decently of the exhaust on the driver's side of the outdrive/stern... Is this normal?

The garden hose isn't really blasted, but a decent amount of water is going thru the outdrive ports. I tried using the muffs on the side that no water is coming out and it's still not coming out like the driver's side. Do I need the hose to be blasted? Any help would be utmost appreciated. Thanks.

Back