Logo

Exhaust size for 3 elbows 3 18 is too big

bobct

Advanced Contributor
"especially if the elbows and

"especially if the elbows and exhaust "T" are free of rust. You can't compress it enough to make it work.

Are you guys using 3" I.D. hose for Osco 3" elbows?

Just want to be sure, I'm accumulating a pile of "wrong size" hoses...

Bob"

"Bob, The 3" I used on th

"Bob, The 3" I used on the 4" to 3" adapters is 3" but they fit over fiberglass and it is smooth and as you said...Rust free. When I had used strictly 3" from the elbow to the muffler, I did use 3 1/8. I had much difficulty slipping the new 3" hose on the old 3" elbow. Despite lubricating the heck out of it, I could not get the hose over the lip on the elbow. The 3 1/8 went right on and over ..I did use two clamps. The following year when I went to remove the 3 1/8, it was solidly attached but eventually worked off much easier"

"ALL of my 3 " elbows and

"ALL of my 3 " elbows and etc have 3 1/8 " hose on them, and NONE of them leak. I've been able to get the elbows off a year later withut destroying the hose (or killing myself). The only way to go.

Jeff"

"Jeff,
Do you use the regular

"Jeff,
Do you use the regular clamps or the T-Clamps?
I just bought 3 1/8" hose for mine.

Henry G"

"I use the 4.125" at my el

"I use the 4.125" at my elbows, whcih ar 4". Closes up easily with regular clamps.

I have those T-bolts on the stuffing box hose and love them. They are appropriate for the exhaust system, too."

"Jeff,

The 3 1/8" opens

"Jeff,

The 3 1/8" opens up on my 3" elbows and exhaust. Maybe I should try again, I would love to make what I have already work. If it wasn't so wide, I was thinking about a few wraps of teflon tape or similar. I tightened with one clamp as a test but there was a big gap at the bottom.

Regarding "T" clamps, the 3" won't fit over the hose and the 3.5" won't tighten enough. I haven't seen a 3.25" T clamp which is what I think it needs.

I resigned myself to using double worm drive clamps. I had the same problem with all of the 1.25" hose. Can't find the correct size T clamp for that either.

Bob"

Back