Logo

Exhaust Manifold Hose Replacement AQ125A

tbear

"It's been a little while

"It's been a little while since I've posted, but the boat runs this year! I have to replace the exhaust manifold hose. I read a post (not this forum, google search) about needing to remove the manifold also to replace the hose. w/o starting to remove it, I don't how much clearance there is. Does this sound right? Just need to know if I have to pull the boat out of the water. Ted"

"Hey Ted,

I know what you

"Hey Ted,

I know what you are talking about. Its that small rubbery hose that links from the manifold that goes on to the transom shield leading out to the outboard.

Basiclaly you just need to undo the clamps and finangle with the rubbery boot in different ways to get it off. You shouldnt have to remove the entire manifold to remove it.

Let me know if you have any trouble."

"Ted, it has been awhile since

"Ted, it has been awhile since I worked on 4 cyl OHC VPs, but I think I recall you have to remove the exhaust manifold to change the hose. To find out, just undo the clamps, then slide the hose towards the exhaust pipe and see if the clearance you have between the exhaust manifold and the exhaust pipe is enough to slide out the hose. In any case, you can do the job with the boat on the water."

"I'm hoping for the "j

"I'm hoping for the "just finangle" way. I have an out of water project to do (stereo install), just trying to schedule stuff. Like I said, I would hate to play with the boot/hose on the water and not be able to finish the job/ruin the the old one. I can live with it for a while, bilge pump takes care of it. just annoying. Thanks everyone. Ted"

Back