Logo

Exhaust cover and oil line.

I have a Johnson seahorse 7.5 model AD-11. I would like to remove the exhaust cover. Most of the screws are rusted in. I don’t know how to remove them. 2nd the tube - oil line how do I replace that? This is located on the powerhead.

your gonna have to find a way to heat the screws up and get em pretty hot without heating the aluminum around it too much and use some penetrating oil. you may have to use a impact like this. 31hHpv5rQlL._AC_.jpgbut be careful not to knock the head of the screw off cus then your up crap creek without a motor or paddle. oil tube is 203433 this site says it has 10 of em

your gonna have to find a way to heat the screws up and get em pretty hot without heating the aluminum around it too much and use some penetrating oil. you may have to use a impact like this. View attachment 31044but be careful not to knock the head of the screw off cus then your up crap creek without a motor or paddle. oil tube is 203433 this site says it has 10 of em
Thanks I looked on harbor freight they have a similar one. Thanks. Basically you have to hit the end of it and it spins.

your gonna have to find a way to heat the screws up and get em pretty hot without heating the aluminum around it too much and use some penetrating oil. you may have to use a impact like this. View attachment 31044but be careful not to knock the head of the screw off cus then your up crap creek without a motor or paddle. oil tube is 203433 this site says it has 10 of em
I went to harbor freight and bought this for$10

81760A3F-3A8E-4A78-8D24-EFB5557E932B.png

Back