Logo

Exhaust Bellow

pdcjd13

I just got my boat back from t

I just got my boat back from the shop. They changed the gimbal bearing and the bellows. When I left I later noticed something different. The exhaust bellow is different. It is not connected to the drive. I called them and they told me that is the way they are made now. They said that once you trim the motor down it will connect. I believe that that could be true but I don't see why they would have changed it. My old one was connected from both sides water tight. Could someone respond and tell me whats up. I just want to make sure they are making stuff. Is there any problems that can come from this?

"no, it's official. It&#39

"no, it's official. It's even in the repair manual. I found out about it after I had bought the old type and didn't yet know what I was getting into. No doubt in my mind why they did that...it is an A-one pain in the ... to replace that thing! Took me and my Dad and a LOT of patience and perserverance to get that one on. This was without removing the outdrive at all; which is why they changed it."

Bottom line its the easy way o

Bottom line its the easy way out. And that part costs more. On plane after the boat rises it may have noticable exhaust noise. If you have the right tool the exhaust bellows is not that painful to deal with.

Back