Logo

Evinrude tilt trim assist

schoir

The trim/tilt assist (non-

The trim/tilt assist (non-powered) is shot. I located a 1976 trim/tilt unit and was wondering if anyone know whether they are interchangeable. The parts look identical on the blow-up drawing.

"Excellent. The unit is in gr

"Excellent. The unit is in great shape, just needs to be painted to match and he only wants $25.00."

"well,...i have'nt done an

"well,...i have'nt done any work on those in yrs,...however,,,,,,some critical parts may not be avail....if u have a stout transom boat...i highly recommend the CMC TNT units...loook around on this site,i thinkk u can order here.."

The replacement unit is in gre

The replacement unit is in great shape. I plan to do some cosmetic work on the motor and sell it as it runs fine. I plan to upgrade to a 90hp.

"GO FOR A 100HP!
XD[img][/img

"GO FOR A 100HP!
XD
"

"The 90hp will in all likeliho

"The 90hp will in all likelihood be a Nissan. I have someone offering to sell a very clean '96 90hp with controls, wiring and gagues for $1,000.00."

check compression and remove t

check compression and remove the lower fill plug on the lower unit to check for water contamination before you buy it.

if its a sound motor i would jump all over it.........is it two or four stroke?

Its a two stroke. Is there a

Its a two stroke. Is there a way to check for water in the lower unit without draining the lower unit?

"Tilt assist, similar to strut

"Tilt assist, similar to struts for car trunks or hoods only much shorter and thicker."

Tilt. You have to use a speci

Tilt. You have to use a special pull bar to tilt the motor. The struts are pressurized and take some of the weight off to make it easier to tilt.

Back