Logo

evinrude tilt re issue

tonym

Contributing Member
icon1.png
Evinrude tilt query
hi I posted a thread last week with no response at all I thought ide place another thread with an extra photo of the tilt pump some smart bugger out there must recognise it. I got an 86 Evinrude 40 hp I took out the Manuel let down valve on my tilt to replace it with a new kit p/no 0173260 it is a( Talon Ind) tilt pump mounted on the RHS of the motor this pump only came out on the 1986 and 1987 motors. When I screwed it out two little tiny brass washers about 5mm. in dia fell out and don't seem to fit anywhere I cant work out where they go and in which order. Has any body out there taken out this valve and can tell me where these washers go the new kit also has these washers supplied , the washers are highlighted in red any help will be appreciated DSCF3610.jpgDSCF3659.jpg

I suspect one washer on each end of the spring so the hardened spring doesn't cut into the softer parts. just a guess though.

I suspect one washer on each end of the spring so the hardened spring doesn't cut into the softer parts. just a guess though.

it cant fit on the front of the spring because the hole in the washer is smaller than the pin that goes into the spring at the front end thanks for your reply

can you tell me who are BRP customer service are and how to get in contact with them or their email address and thanks for that

Google up Bombardier Recreational Products and they should have the Customer Service number to call. They are the makers of Evinrude products now. Good luck

Back