Logo

Evinrude ignition wiring help

faxi

I am changing the ignition barrel on my Evinrude VR60 but the letters on back are different. Any help would be appreciated. Diagram attached. Please

A and S are together and I is not on the old one.

Attachments

• Ignition swith drawing.jpg
    Ignition swith drawing.jpg
    114.2 KB · Views: 9
Your new one is a more universal switch to fit more motors. "I" is for battery ignition, not applicable to yours, so just ignore it. As for the others, connect them according to the letter markings. Actual physical location does not matter, it's what's inside that counts, as identified by the markings.

Thanks fdrgator I have managed to put it together and also changed the solenoid.

The problem now is the engine turns but will not fire. Took spark plugs out cleaned the petrol on them. Checked for spark but nothing.

What can I do?

Your new one is a more universal switch to fit more motors. "I" is for battery ignition, not applicable to yours, so just ignore it. As for the others, connect them according to the letter markings. Actual physical location does not matter, it's what's inside that counts, as identified by the markings.

Sorry, yes. We took it out last year, it ran for a few hours and then ignition was sticking with ignition so I changed ignition and solenoid today. It sounds ok just won't fire.

Information helps.----Did motor run before changing ignition switch ?

Back