Logo

Evinrude 75HP Fleetwin and removing lower unit

R

Rich Runion

" I am trying to remove the lo

" I am trying to remove the lower unit to replace the impeller, but I can't figure out how to unhook the gear shift connecting rod. I can't find a bolt on the lower unit disconnect it. Any advice would be appreciated. Again, this is an Evinrude 7.5HP Fleetwin, which I think is a 1957. "

" So, I need to remove all the

" So, I need to remove all the bolts and the power head should just come off or is there other things I have to remove before it is free? "

" Chrslyer 85hp(1984)

" Chrslyer 85hp(1984) outboard Broke off 2 lower unit bolts flush..HELP!!!
Was in the process of taking off the lower unit to change the impeller and clean the water channels. 2 of the bolts broke off flush. What are my options on getting these out? What type of a shop should i contact to do this? Or is it possible to drill them out. The ones that came out were tough. It seems to be powdery, I think the threads are ok?? Maybe its just wishful thinking... Any help would be much appreciated!
Quick 2nd ? The reason I was messing with this in the first place was an overheat alarm, noticed steam coming from the exhast ports. Thought the impeller was bad. It didn't look too bad, quite abit of powder and crust in the water channels. What else could be causing the over heating besides the water pump? Thanks!! in advance...

Thanks,
JV
Marysville WA "

Back