Logo

Evinrude 70 hp 82 not pissing water out checked impeller no probs and suggestions

help1

"i took apart everything and i

"i took apart everything and its not the impeller, also the pickup tube has a hole in it...is it supposed to?
Please help!
Travis"

"Back up .... do you have a co

"Back up .... do you have a cooling problem and what leads you to believe that you do?

When you refer to the pickup tube, exactly where on the motor did you find this tube?"

"All of the OMC's I have c

"All of the OMC's I have changed pumps on have a hole in them. (If you are talking about the tiny hole that looks like it is drilled in the front part of the tube, about 1/2"-3/4" up from the bottom.) Do you have any water discharge at all?"

"Take down the lower unit agai

"Take down the lower unit again and connect a water hose straight on the water tube. Is it 'peeing'?
If not, off with the power head and down with the exhaust covers and check the channels.
If ok, the pump may get exhaust through the shaft seal in the pump housing or seal between housing and plate or plate - gear housing."

"What Morten said. I had one

"What Morten said. I had one that had me stumped, failed Morten's test. Turned out to be the grommet at the top of the water tube was completely distorted to the point where it had the tube covered and blocked. Nasty repair though, you have to remove the powerhead."

"I dont know if this will be h

"I dont know if this will be helpful but I am trying to solve the same problem with a 62 10hp johnson--
the lower unit is sitting in vise--the grommet that holds the tube in the pump housing was shot so I am waiting for a replacement to arrive--because it came out in several pieces I suspect that one piece was plugging up the intake--
that tube isnt very large and it doesnt take much to plug it up--
in order to eliminate the top unit as the cause of the problem, without removing the powerhead, I removed the thermostat and was able to get compressed air and then water to flow out both the intake and output sides--
the water "pissed" out the exhaust and it also flowed out the intake tube--"

Back