Logo

Evinrude 30hp-1997, tachometer vorks strange??

Bjorneb

Hello. I have installed an teleflex universal tachometer to my evinrude 30hp-1997.. The wires is installed as followed, Purple to battery/ ign. black to ground. and gray to send... it is a original omc wiring hardness.. the send signal is wired from the motors, yellow,gray wire on the reciftifier. it,s al right so far. the tachometer shows rpm in idlespeed and up to 4000 rpm, but after 4000rpm it start to go down again to almost 3500rpm at full trottle, it is werry strange.. the send signal on thacometer is at 5pulses.. Ihave checked th rpm on the motor with a real calibration meter end the motors rpm is 5800-6000rpm in full throttle.. I dont know what is wrong with the tachometer, it is new and seems to be installed correctly..does any one of u on this forum have any clue , on the problem..Thanks..Best regards/ Bjorn..:confused::confused::confused::confused:

Just a thought here, but shouldn't the tach be set to 6 pulses? I don't know about the newer models, but all my older ones run at 6.

OK, thanks , but in the repair manual it shows that the tachometer settings should be 5... i have try to set it on 6p but it will do the same. when i accelerated fast..this time it vill go upp to nearly 4500 rpm then it started to go backvards again.. strange?? / Bjorn

Back