Logo

Evinrude 28 SPL Service Manual or Timing Instructions

Viper588

Hello All,

I am having difficulty finding a service manual for my outboard in order to check the timing and troubleshoot some issues.

So far the only option I have thought of but not tried is to purchased a used manual on Ebay for $150 which seems a little high compared to all the other service manual I have seen but maybe its rare?

The Johnson/Evinrude site does not offer them that old, I have purchased two online manuals one of which did not cover the 28 HP even though it claims it covered all outboards from 1-235HP, and the other site (which was from the link on this site)does not seem to have all of the information I need as well as the information it did have does not seem to match my outboard.

Basically wanted to see if anyone has used any other options for service manuals websites they have used or if someone had the service manual for the outboard and would be able to share it.

The outboard is an Evinrude 28 SPL - E28ESLCEA

Thank you!

It really is a 25 / 30 HP powerhead.-----It features a different midsection / lower unit.-----In my opinion it was marketed to get rid of surplus inventory.----So a 1989 manual for 25 / 30 HP would have information for you.----But timing does not go out of adjustment on these.----So what is your motor doin / not doing ?

Back