Logo

evinrude 25 hp manual tilt trim, start , wont tilt at all

gerryt

Good afternoon folks.. new to outboards i have a 1995 25 hp evinrude tiller that i bought few months ago.. and never had time to do anything to it.. however it tilted once on the engine stand ... now it doesnt i dont know if im doing something wrong or somethings wrong with it... any help much appreciated. and if ur anywhere around danvers ma and could swing by.. ill happily pay u for ur opinion thanks in advance Gerry

this model only comes up 1995 so i mustve given the wrong # and thank you i actually did that and had it in forward its on a engine stand ive tried multiple times in all positions but weirdly no luck....

They marketed a 25 HP engine from about 1980 to 2005 or so.----And all very similar.----Model # changes every year !-----Find the lever ( not shift lever ) to release the tilt lock.

They marketed a 25 HP engine from about 1980 to 2005 or so.----And all very similar.----Model # changes every year !-----Find the lever ( not shift lever ) to release the tilt lock.
Yes sir i did over 100 times.. ill get the exact mod # tomorrow if ur able to respond tomorrow itll be a help ... are u in my area?.. if not ill send pics

the pics only because of the weird square bracket that seems to be hanging below under where the lock is to keep the outboard from moving up in reverse and the tilt lock/ unlock is releasing but no tilt....

Having a difficult time sharing the pic via this email / thread but it definitely looks like it came from evinrude .. its a square bracket below the holes where the rod would go it moves and locks into place and has 2 birdbeak type grooves on the bottom that almost looks like it should be sitting on the plate right below the 2 clamps that attach to the transom except its on the opposite side ... i hope this kinda make sense i could send u a pic via text but cant with this email

Back