Logo

Evinrude 1994 2 stroke 15hp outboard problem with high rev

matjakimo

Hi there, I'm hoping someone out there can help me with this problem.
My 15 hp outboard is my traveling motor, I live on an island
its used for travel up to a few hours at times in salt water but not very often
she starts up on the first pull every time. Idle is fine. everything is fine until we try to
rev up to a planing speed. It's not over load. She always planed with 2-3 people in
she revs up to about 2/3 of her actual speed and just sits there. Won't go any higher.
She also vibrates quite a bit at idle. She will ever turn herself if I take my hand off because
of the vibration.
We've checked replaced the plugs, rebuilt the carb cleaned high speed jet, tightened all the gas hoses,
replaced the bulb, added in a fuel filter between bulb and motor, checked all the filters...

Anyone know where we should go from here ?

Cheers

Every body rebuilds the carburetor and then says ---" still runs the same "------Are you mixing gas and oil at 50:1-------So have you done a compression test ?--------Have you checked the flywheel key ?----Have you looked at / replaced the waterpump impeller ?--------Have you checked the fuel pump diaphragm ???---Is the throttle plate opening fully ?-----And most important did this problem show up suddenly ?

Thanks for response.
Diaphragm is good. Will redo compression test. Yes I use 50 to 1
everything else you mentioned I will get on in the am.

problem started on and off for s few trips. Once it started the
high rev would only kick in randomly. It eventually just stopped and now we can't
seem to get her up to a plane. The rev it does settle at is very steady

Back