Logo

Evinrude 1979 55hp model 55903s no charge

stator evinrude 1.jpgHi here I have picture of my stator plate and coils I am having problems with charging i don't know if there is something missing from the stator plate there are three screw holes that look like it might of held a charging stator I have 4 wires coming from stator plate 1 brown - 1 brown/yellow - 1 black/ white - and 1 white / black . The wires go into the cdi unit (cd2) and from there two brown wires go to the ht coils and 1 black/yellow wire go s to kill switch . There was no rectifier fitted when we bought it but it will need one to change the ac charge to dc . What I want to know is do I need and a new stator and connect a rectifier to it or is there some way of connecting a rectifier to the wires coming from the stator plate ( brown wires ) or will it cause engine to lose power to ht coils , any help please
imagejpeg

Last edited:
A charging coil would have YELLOW WIRES going to the rectifier.----Your picture does not come up on my computer, but it sounds like you have parts missing.----------Brown wires have to do with ignition charge and black wires have to do with sensor coils for ignition.-------------Battery charging coils would have 2 YELLOW wires.

Back