Logo

Evinrude 15

I have a 15 evinrude from 1988. It won’t start. I have compression. Fuel goes to the fuel pump. I tried putting Eather in the spark plug holes. The spark plugs have spark. Still nothing. What else is there to check for? And how do I get it to start?

How did it run last season ?-----Switch plug wires ?----Check flywheel key.----Does spark jump a gap of 3/8" on a test device ?

How did it run last season ?-----Switch plug wires ?----Check flywheel key.----Does spark jump a gap of 3/8" on a test device ?
It has never ran since I’ve had it. I checker the spark plug wires with a multimeter and they have power. I have not taken the fly wheel off yet. And yes the spark jumps a gap of 3/8”.

Remove spark plugs.----Put 6 drops of fuel in each cylinder.-----Install plugs.-----Try and start motor.-----Report what happened.

Did you check compression with reliable gauge? How much compression? Did I miss something? Maybe there is not enough compression to start. Look at paint color on the head, if its discolored....it was overheated. Not good.

Back